Nettlecreek Arts Banner

Nettlecreek Arts Banner

Saturday, December 7, 2013

What does my future have in store for me? Part 3

3. Reconnect with my soul.
The third part is the hardest part because it continues on, there is no one answer to this one
 This, I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish - so off to the Urban dictionary for some help

The existence of the soul is heavily debated in the first place, and its definition varies greatly from party to party, though everyone believes that everyone else’s definitions are wrong.  It is generally agreed to be something possessed by every person, and that’s about all.  Therefore, the soul may or may not be any of the following:

1.The human mind, that is, that thinking thing lodged behind your eyes;
2. The essence of humanity;
3.The essence of that which makes a person good and decent;
4.The quality of sentience or human intelligence;
5.All of someone’s personality or what makes them unique;
6.Some mystical version of a person that lives on after the body dies;
7.A spiritual concept, created by god (or the gods if you prefer) or a part of him
8.The quality of being alive;
9.Anything else you can think of along these lines

That is a lot of information for one person to absorb and try and reflect upon.  I feel as a whole that I'm a good person.  Yes I have faults but, don't we all.  I have been led to believe that all the faults of a failing marriage were laid at my door for lack of understanding, lack of appreciation and a lack of communication.  I had always thought that a marriage was for two people to grow and nurture and be one.  I did not realize that my marriage needed several extra people to make it work.  

My soul is my own, it is a good kind and decent soul.  It is what makes me Sissy, one that would lend a hand or ear if needed, one that cries for a wrong and laughs at something funny.  My soul needs work because right now it seems to be lost.  It knows no direction and has no home in any port.  It longs for being comforted, consoled and to have routine brought back to it again.  Some may say God has forsaken me but I believe he has left it up to me to find my path...and then I will be home.  
  

This reflects how my life has been moved in many directions by many forces beyond my control. There are friends and family that will stay forever, but there are also those that have placed themselves into my life not as a friend or family member but as one wanting something that I had near and dear to me and now it is time for them to depart.

As they depart they must take with them what they have so coveted and learn to live beyond my now peaceful existence in a life dressed in lies which will bring doubt to their new found freedom.  Once a liar and a cheater...always a liar and a cheater. I am a believer in Karma - the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

Does this show a bit of a dark soul, I think maybe just a bit of a wounded soul!!!



1 comment:

thrifted-art said...

Sissy, I know you use quotes but your personal from the heart writing is pretty incredible!! I never took you for a writer but you definitely have a way with words